Are you thinking about buying or selling a business? You have a lot of decisions to make. Commercial Ventures can help you prepare to buy or sell a business and introduce you to a host of opportunities. Placing a value on your business is a critical business process. LEARN MORE
PREPARATION BUYING & SELLING
OPPORTUNITY BY LISTING
View our CURRENT LISTINGS
The Perfect Opportunity May Be Waiting for You.
- Don’t overpay
- Don’t get trapped in a bad lease
- Don’t get something different than you thought you paid for
- Don’t make costly mistakes
Buyers Frequently Ask:
- How do I find a business for sale?
- Why is the business for sale?
- Is it the right business for me?
- How do I perform the due diligence?
- How do I check out the business?
- How are businesses valued?
- Where do I get financing?
- Should it be a share or asset sale?
BE PREPARED: Get An ASSESSMENT
How can you know where you’re going if you don’t know where you are? The first step in your journey is an Assessment of your business;
- Understand your Business Value
- Get your Value Driver Score; what will Buyers be looking at?
- How prepared is your Advisor team?
- How prepared are you to sell?
Sellers Frequently Ask:
- How much is my business worth?
- Have I asked the BEST price?
- Can I justify the price?
- When is the best time to sell?
- How do I find qualified buyers?
- How do I maintain confidentiality while selling?
- Do I have the skills and time to sell my business?
If you are ready to sell now or just beginning to Exit plan, contact us for more information.
Are you considering selling? If so, it is critical to know just how much it is worth on today’s market. The process of coming up with this amount is called “Evaluation for Fair Market Value”.
Placing a fair market value on a business is essential for business owners, buyers, and sellers. Innovative ways of structuring organizations can complicate the simple question: “How much is it worth?”. Commercial Ventures works with qualified valuation professionals to determine the current worth of any business.
A properly done evaluation can provide valuable information for decision making on:
- The sale of businesses for assets or shares
- Partnership buyout
- Transactions among related parties
- Estate planning
- Exit strategies
- A forced sale due to circumstances such as health, divorce or partnership split
Request for Evaluation
In order to evaluate your business, we will need as much of the following information as possible. All information you provide will be treated with strict confidentiality. The list below can help you prepare for a meeting, further information will be requested following an engagement.
Contact us at (403) 278-7839 to arrange a meeting.
Three to Five years of accountant prepared financials, including monthly gross sales for the recent two years so that we can see your high and low months and where the business has increased or decreased in sales as well as seasonal periods.
- A copy of the lease for your premise and/or other leases.
- What are the owners/shareholder’s primary roles in the business and what do these roles entail?
- What do the shareholders personally take out each year in wages and fringe benefits?
- A list of assets to be included in the sale and their approximate market value, including copies of any appraisals on equipment.
- A list of employees or sub-contractors and how long they have worked for the company, plus their roles, hours, wages, commisions or bonuses.
- How long will the owners/shareholders stay to train a new owner in the business if the business is sold?
- Do you want the price based on assets or shares?
- Do any of the equipment items or leaseholds need to be upgraded or replaced within the next year?
- Are any special licenses, trademarks, patents or trade names to be included in the sale?
- Are any websites, social media or intellectual property to be included in the sale?
areyour approximate number of regular customers?
- Approximate Inventory at cost?
Commercial Ventures helps sellers make the most of opportunities!
Call (403) 278-7839 now for more information … your business is worth it.