Whether buying or selling a small Canadian business, we are here to help you navigate the process.
We maintain confidentiality throughout the search for a compatible buyer of your company and manage all communications so you can continue running your business.
Offering several Valuation solutions we make sure you get the right advise for the needs and size of your business.
While navigating the negotiations, due diligence period and multiple parties involved in closing your deal we pair you with a Senior Advisor who brings experience and a custom approach to handling your sale.
Value Builder Coaching
Understanding the process and stages of a sale can be half the battle. A coach will help in early stage preparation to better position you for entertaining buyers and work with you to highlight and refine the elements of your business that make you appeal to the market.
Group Facilitation (Coming January 2020)
Workshops; Exit by Design
It’s not too early to start planning your exit.
Placing a fair market value on a business is essential. Innovative ways of structuring organizations can complicate the simple question: “How much is it worth?”. Commercial Ventures works with qualified valuation professionals to determine the current worth of any business.
A business valuation can provide information for decision making on:
- The sale of businesses for assets or shares
- Partnership buyout
- Transactions among related parties
- Estate planning
- Exit strategies
- A forced sale due to circumstances such as health, divorce or partnership split
- Strategic Planning
- Business Growth
- Wealth Management
Request for Evaluation
In order to evaluate your business, we will need as much of the following information as possible. All information you provide will be treated with strict confidentiality. The list below can help you prepare for a meeting, further information will be requested following an engagement.
Contact us at (403) 278-7839 to arrange a meeting.
Three to Five years of accountant prepared financials, including monthly gross sales for the recent two years so that we can see your high and low months and where the business has increased or decreased in sales as well as seasonal periods.
- A copy of the lease for your premise and/or other leases.
- What are the owners/shareholder’s primary roles in the business and what do these roles entail?
- What do the shareholders personally take out each year in wages and fringe benefits?
- A list of assets to be included in the sale and their approximate market value, including copies of any appraisals on equipment.
- A list of employees or sub-contractors and how long they have worked for the company, plus their roles, hours, wages, commisions or bonuses.
- How long will the owners/shareholders stay to train a new owner in the business if the business is sold?
- Do you want the price based on assets or shares?
- Do any of the equipment items or leaseholds need to be upgraded or replaced within the next year?
- Are any special licenses, trademarks, patents or trade names to be included in the sale?
- Are any websites, social media or intellectual property to be included in the sale?
areyour approximate number of regular customers?
- Approximate Inventory at cost?
Commercial Ventures helps sellers make the most of opportunities!
Call (403) 278-7839 now for more information … your business is worth it.